1998 Alternate Formula One season
From Formula Rejects Wiki
|1998 Formula One season|
|Mika Häkkinen won his only drivers title for McLaren-Mercedes, taking eight victories.|
|Start date||March 8|
|Start Event||Australian Grand Prix|
|End date||October 11|
|End Event||Portuguese Grand Prix|
|Driver's Champion||Mika Häkkinen|
|Previous season||Next season|
The 1998 Formula One season was the 52nd season of Formula One.
Teams and drivers
- 1 Tom Kristensen would be replaced by Sammy Jones at the Canadian Grand Prix due to Kristensen's participation at the 24 Hours of Le Mans with BMW.
- 2 Jean Alesi would be released by Sauber after the French Grand Prix, being replaced by Eddie Irvine.
- 3 Daniel Moreno would be released by Sauber after the French Grand Prix, being replaced by Tom Douglas.
- 4 Poor performances from Alexander Wurz led him to be demoted to a test role ahead of the British Grand Prix. Rubens Barrichello would be his replacement.
- 5 Jean Alesi replaced Tom Kristensen from the Belgian Grand Prix onwards.
The following rounds were included on the provisional calendars published by the FIA but were later cancelled:
|Pertamina Indonesian Grand Prix||Sentul International Circuit||September 20|