2020 Anglo-Irish Formula 4 season
From Formula Rejects Wiki
|2020 Anglo-Irish F4|
|Previous season||Next season|
|North American F4|
|South American F4|
The 2020 Anglo-Irish Formula 4 season is the third season of the Anglo-Irish Formula 4 championship, part of the FIA Global Pathway.
Teams and drivers
|MK Scuderia [?]||1||Ken Wyn Jones||TBA|
|VA Racing Academy [?]||3||Michael McManus||R||TBA|
|West Racing Formula [?]||5||Clara Descoteaux||TBA|
|Carlin [?]||10||Odhrán Mac Aodha||TBA|
|Viva Automobile [?]||11||Samson Enoh||TBA|
|Plus One Racing Engineering [?]||12||Ramy Ghazal||TBA|
|JC Arden [?]||14||TBA||TBA|
|Fortec Motorsport [?]||24||Agnes Hertz||R||TBA|
|Peak Aeroracing Engineering [?]||26||Jemma Triggs||TBA|
|Falcon Motorsport [?]||29||TBA||TBA|
|BORC Development UK [?]||30||Siobhán de Bhailéara||TBA|
|FXS Racing [?]||39||Marina Ivanović||TBA|
|Team Macmillan [?]||56||B.K. Glover||R||TBA|
|Calinetic Junior Squad [?]||90||TBA||TBA|
|Hunter Autosport [?]||98||TBA||TBA|
- Number of cars entered by each team based purely on conjecture and subject to change.
- After scaling back for 2019, Jack Christopherson finally closed down his successful Formula 4 outfit to purchase a stake in Arden International. As a result, the right to use the numbers 1 and 2 passed to the runner-up team, MK Scuderia.
- Former MSA Formula team Falcon Motorsport made its return to the successor Anglo-Irish F4 series.
- Falik Arrows withdrew from Anglo-Irish F4 after a modest two years of success.
- After a disappointing run, Jones Racing elected to withdraw its F4 team after two seasons.
- MK Scuderia moved the base of operations for its Formula 4 team to Ireland, with a new Irish competition licence adopted to reflect the change.
- Having over-extended itself in other series, Panthera opted to pull out of the Anglo-Irish F4 championship.
- Successful Formula 3 team Plus One Racing Engineering expanded its operations to encompass Formula 4.
- Räikkönen-Robertson Racing was bought out by Scottish businessman Frederick West, resulting in the creation of West Racing Formula.
- The nascent London-based VA Racing joined the series with a new junior team.
- Viva Automobile joined the series.
- Changing teams
- With Panthera's withdrawal from the series, Samson Enoh moved to Viva.
- Ramy Ghazal switched from FXS Racing to the new PORE junior team.
- Joining Anglo-Irish Formula 4
- Anthony Barnett would make his début for an expanded Fortec Motorsport.
- Cypriot karting ace Kostas Fokaides formed one half of the all-rookie VA Racing team.
- American émigré B.K. Glover was snapped up by Team Macmillan for his move into European motorsport.
- German kart racer Agnes Hertz would make her car racing début for Fortec.
- After a year out of international motorsport, former Italian F4 driver Marina Ivanović made her return with FXS Racing.
- VA Racing protégé Michael McManus was signed to race for its new F4 operation.
- With Toshio Maka moving up the ladder, his place at BORC was taken by Patrik Moravec.
- Óscar Sandoval, reigning third place finisher in South American F4, moved to Europe to race for MK Scuderia.
- After the dismissal of the team's original announced second driver, Rob Ritchie, West Racing Formula took on Dutch driver Michelle Verweij.
- Leaving Anglo-Irish Formula 4
- Harold Campbell-Bannerman moved to the Indonesian-based Jagonya Ayam! Racing to compete in the Asian Formula 3 series.
- 2019 runner-up Gabriel Hoffmann moved up to European Formula 3 to drive for PORE.
- Toshio Maka was awarded a place in BORC's Asian Formula 3 and ELMS teams for 2020.
- Hunter Autosport similarly promoted Siobhan McMahon to their ELMS project for 2020.
- Magda Szervánszky was promoted to F3 where she would drive for Hypernova.
- Reigning 2019 champion Ione Wilkerson left the series as per regulations prohibiting champions from defending their title.
|Billy Monger Trophy||Thruxton Circuit|
|Birmingham Superprix F4||Birmingham Street Circuit|
|British F4 Grand Prix||Donington Park National Circuit|
|Connacht Trophy||Athlone International Circuit|
|Dublin Grand Prix||Phoenix Park Oldtown Circuit|
|Formula 4 Final||Brands Hatch GP Circuit|
|International Gold Cup||Oulton Park Island Circuit|
|International Trophy F4||Silverstone National Circuit|
|Leinster Trophy||Mondello Park International Circuit|
|Martin Donnelly Trophy||Kirkistown|
|Norfolk Trophy||Snetterton 200 Circuit|
|Rochester Trophy||Brands Hatch Indy Circuit|
|Scottish Grand Prix||Knockhill|
|Tommy Reid Trophy||Bishopscourt International Circuit|
|Ulster Trophy||Lake Torrent|