2019 Anglo-Irish Formula 4 season
From Formula Rejects Wiki
|2019 Anglo-Irish F4|
|Start date||6 April|
|End date||15 September|
|Drivers' champion||Ione Wilkerson|
|Previous season||Next season|
|North American F4|
|South American F4|
The 2019 Anglo-Irish Formula 4 season is the second season of the Anglo-Irish Formula 4 championship, part of the FIA Global Pathway. Ione Wilkerson won the championship in the final round for Christopherson Racing.
Teams and drivers
|FXS Racing||1||Ramy Ghazal||R||All|
|Räikkönen-Robertson Racing||2||Clara Descoteaux||All|
|National Jones F4||3||João Almeida||All|
|Christopherson Racing||5||Ione Wilkerson||1-2, 5-20|
|Carlin||10||Odhrán Mac Aodha||All|
|Falik Arrows||13||Nakaguri Morioka||All|
|Arden International||14||Alfie Lockwood||All|
|Panthera Britain Young Driver Team||21||Emma Le Blan||R||All|
|Fortec Motorsport||24||William Bronson||All|
|Peak Aeroracing Engineering||26||Jemma Triggs||All|
|BORC Development UK||30||Toshio Maka||R||All|
|31||Siobhán de Bhailéara||R||All|
|Team Macmillan||56||Guillaume Laurier||All|
|Calinetic Junior Squad||90||Collin Daley Jr.||All|
|MK Scuderia||94||Ken Wyn Jones||1-6, 11-20|
|Hunter Autosport||98||Siobhan McMahon||All|
- Changing teams
- Odhrán Mac Aodha joined Carlin's new entry into the championship from RRR.
- Joining Anglo-Irish Formula 4
- Irish karting graduate Siobhán de Bhailéara joined BORC.
- North American Formula 4 driver Shawn DiBenedetto crossed the Atlantic to race for RRR.
- Samson Enoh, who stood in for the injured Nakaguri Morioka at Falik Arrows at Mondello in 2018, was contracted by Panthera for the 2019 season.
- Ramy Ghazal joined the series for reigning champions FXS Racing.
- Gabriel Hoffmann made his début for MK Scuderia.
- French F4 driver Emma Le Blan joined Panthera.
- Toshio Maka, son of BORC founder Satoru Maka, joined his father's new team.
- Harry Platten signed for Carlin.
- Ethan Renaud, who drove for Jones Racing twice in 2018, was given a full-time drive by the team for 2019.
- Italian F4 race winner Magda Szervánszky moved to the Anglo-Irish series to drive for Calinetic.
- Similarly, Italian F4 driver Ione Wilkerson, who also drove for Christopherson Racing in the 2018 Mondello round, was contracted to drive full-time in the Anglo-Irish series for the team in 2019.
- Leaving Anglo-Irish Formula 4
- Former Falik Arrows driver Seamus Belcher returned to Australia to drive for Save The Koala Racing in Formula 5000.
- Imani Burrell was promoted to Formula 3 where she would continue to race for Jack Christopherson.
- 2018 runner-up John-Paul Casciaro moved up to Eurasian Formula 3 for Theodore Racing.
- With the departure of Enigma Brawn Motorsport, Adrian Hegarty was left without a drive for 2019.
- 2018 champion Sabrina Mann was promoted to Formula 3 by Mücke-Precision Formula.
- Calinetic's Isabel Martins switched to the AutoReject ladder by joining Blokkmonsta's AR2.0 team.
- Harry Matthews also moved up to AR2.0, staying affiliated with Sammy Jones by racing for his team in the series.
- John Murdoch was promoted to Indy Lights by Panthera.
- Xavier Santillán moved across to the South American F4 series, where he would be racing for Equipo de Carreras Venezolano.
- Alex Smith moved up to F3 to drive for Scuderia Adriatica.
- Due to new age restrictions, Harry Thompson was forced to step down from his Fortec drive, moving into Ginetta Juniors to prepare for a 2020 return.